Our Logistics & Warehousing Solutions
At PJ Global, we set up and manage the warehouse and distribution of the insulation material and associated accessories closer to the area of implementation.
- We Provide all logistics necessary for supply and installation of ceilings and spray on polyurethane.
- Perform stock reconciliation and hand reports.
Both our warehousing and logistics services fulfil functions within the supply chain of a business. On the one hand, our warehousing services focuses on the safe storage of goods within a building, whilst our logistics solutions are the functional aspect of the storage and delivery of goods stored in a warehouse.
Our warehouse management solutions impacts both customer satisfaction and the costs of the supply chain; therefore, it is a key factor for your company’s profitability and competitiveness.
The activities of our warehouse management are part of the supply chain logistics and in the last years they have gained relevance because, besides being spaces used to keep goods, they also contribute value through diverse services.
Additional services we carry out in warehouse management, such as picking, packing, outsourced manufacturing, product refurbishing, cross-docking, and reverse logistics, among others, represent a diversification of the activities of a logistics company that benefit end clients.
This also brings greater complexity to goods handling, optimization of space use, and distribution of tasks among the staff.
Having a warehouse management system (WMS) is part of the solution to achieve an optimization of operations that results in cost reduction, increased productivity, and a better experience for clients.
Our main focus
It consists in designing and executing a series of processes to optimize the storage of goods, ensuring these benefits:
- Expediting the transit of goods through the warehouse.
- Ensuring the correct identification of products.
- Maximize the use of available space.
- Minimize the handling of goods.
- Keep accurate inventories.
- Ensure on-time and correct deliveries.
- Raise staff productivity.
- Lower operational costs.
Our Warehouse Service Processes
Our warehouse services processes may be classified in five main tasks:
- Reception. When goods arrive, we need to record their ID data accurately, unload the goods, and check they match the bill of lading.
- Storage. Once we ID the goods, we need to assign them a space within the warehouse according to volume, weight, and turnover.
- Control of Inventories. We need to know not only which products we have in our warehouse, but where they are located and what moves they are subject to.
- Picking. Means choosing and gathering products in our warehouse to fulfill the deliveries ordered.
- Shipping. It is the procedure where we create the necessary documentation for shipments, carry out a physical inspection of the cargo to make sure the bill of lading matches the goods, and load them in the corresponding freight vehicle.
How our warehouse management system (WMS)work.
The goal of using this technology is to automate tasks and expedite the operation and eliminate mistakes.
A warehouse management system requires all sorts of information to accurately monitor goods and prepare reports that validate the productivity and results of each of the tasks carried out in the warehouse.
This information consists of:
- Information relating to the management of the warehouse as such, like performance and tasks’ results.
- Information relating to goods’ visibility and traceability, in other words, being able to monitor and locate cargoes at all times as well as the route they took from origin to destination using ID systems such as barcode and RFID labels.
For a successful implementation of a management system, we focus on these aspects:
- Aim for an easy integration of the management system with your ERP, because you will need to share information between them to make it easier for you to make the right decisions.
- Make sure it can record common ID codes, such as barcodes and RFID labels; this will make recording entries, transport, collection, and exits of goods easier.
- Carry out a preliminary assessment of your processes to eliminate unnecessary movements and tasks so the implementation of the new management system builds upon agile processes.